Dave and Maggie's Travels in Ecuador

we welcome your comments

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Answer to Mystery Picture #6


Well Schoolcrafters, I think I finally stumped you. The mystery picture is the back of a fresh water dolphin. They are also called pink dolphins. They are very interesting creatures. They are relatives of the playful ocean dolphins but they have become able to live in fresh water instead of salt water and the have developed sonar because the rivers in the Amazon basin are so full of silt that the dolphins could not see their supper of fish. They have developed sonar to sense where the fish are in the water. I am attaching a picture that I got off of the world wide web so you can see the pink dolphin a little better. There is also a very good movie at the following link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa7YAQ1PzrM&feature=player_embedded Thanks again for following my blog. I am going to continue to share things that I learned on my trip even though I am back home in Turtle River. It was fun to see you today.
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment